January 13, 2014

A woman who fears the Lord is to be praised

It has been another year and 3 months since I've written.

So much has changed! The change within sharpens and dulls the same material world the eye sees.
Was such a struggle to let go of many things I've learnt, to strain to learn so many things I didnt know but I should have!

What does it mean to be a woman? What are her roles, what are her resposibilities? What does it mean to love another as yourself? What is so precious about submission? What does it cost to really follow Jesus?

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth to God." 1 Peter 3:3-4

Amidst life storms she can gracefully glide the tides because she has an unwavering hope and confidence placed squarely on God and His promises. And there she can be, amidst the tyranny of the tides, a place of refuge and rest for her family because she knows who is in-charge. She is quieted in God's love and brings this serenity to others. 
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30.

So much to learn! Still much of my old self and habits to let go and much to embrace! This is an exciting journey of discovering what it means to be a woman and pursuing after what is really beautiful in God's sight =) 

Women were told that they ought to get out of the house and do something "fulfilling". They listened, and many discovered what men cold easily have told them: that by no means is fulfilment to be found in any jog -- in ditch digging or in the office of a CEO -- any more than in the kitchen. I knew that real satisfaction and joy comes in response to an acceptance of the will of God and nowhere else.      -Elisabeth Elliot 
May I desire God and find my full satisfaction in Him alone. May all things else, marriage and family included, serve the greater purpose of bringing us closer and closer to knowing God and loving Him =)

Philippians 3:7-11 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith— 10 that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.





No comments: