January 28, 2014

Your grace is sufficient for me

30/12/2013

I sat by my aunt’s bedside and watched her sleep quietly, my aunt has strengthened my faith
once again.Suffering from terminal cancer is scary. Currently she’s having trouble breathing
and her back hurts so much. I developed a sore neck just by lying beside her for 1/2h, how much more would lying there for 2 weeks be?I thought how dreadful it would be if it was me lying there. 
How lonely and long the night will be, will there be people by my side to soothe the pain? 

Yet today as I look into my aunt’s face, I saw God’s grace. “My grace is sufficient for you,
my strength is made great in your weakness.” My aunt is able to sleep with the Lord’s peace
and she will wake up smiling probably and giving me a big hug. 

The Lord’s grace allowed her to rest and the Lord’s grace will allow me to rest.
God’s grace will strengthen me in times of trials, God’s grace will allow me to pull through
excruciating pain, God’s grace will comfort, even when I pass through the valley of the
shadow of death, God’s grace will lead me home.

Seeing my aunt suffer helped me believe that I too can overcome the sickness
and the fear of death - with God’s grace.

God loves His child and today I looked into the face of God’s precious child.
I am too His child and He too shall extend His grace to me in my every hour of need.

God’s grace have been sufficient throughout this year;
God’s grace will be sufficient for me throughout my life =)

No comments: